10.09.2007

:: Thanksgiving 2007 ::

:: HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :: :: We had a great Thanksgiving long weekend, on Saturday Paul was outside working on the yard...again. But now it's almost done. He winterized the front yard/garden and cleaned it all up and almost completed the new drainage at the side of the house. I went to Benjamin's 1st birthday with Jacob in the afternoon - once we returned home Jacob went down for a nap and I went into the basement to organize and unpack our winter coats/gloves/hats as we have been using our basement as a catch all for the last 5 months and it really needed an overhaul. By the time Paul came in I had completed organizing/sorting everything that I could then he came in and moved the big stuff. I am really happy with the results, it feels like I could leave Jacob down there (he has a toy room down there) and he would be fine. We just need to put the door on the furnace room - it will be so nice to have the extra space during the long winter days. ::

:: On Sunday we went to church then had brunch with my parents and Grandma Rosie at her place...from there we came home and I made an apple pie for our Thanksgiving dinner at Paul's parents place. I have no pictures as my dumb camera is still not ready! We had a great time with the whole family - we're really expanding now that we have number 2 on the way and since Jennifer is pregnant...it's going to be one busy house with all these babies! ::

:: Monday we woke up to beautiful clear skies - it was so nice! Paul let me sleep in a little and then he headed outside to do more work on the drainage. Around 11:30 am we headed out to my parents place as we had to have an early lunch because Jord was working afternoon shift. We had a great time though and played a wicked game of Pictionary (fyi: the girls won!) - So fun! ::

:: Here are some pictures from yesterday ::

:: All of us "kids" ::

:: Mom & Dad :: :: Jordan & Lindsey ::
:: Trevor & Christy ::
:: Paul, Jacob, Baby & I ::

:: I am so thankful for everything that I have, my fabulous husband with a heart after God's own heart, my ever-so-busy but healthy little boy Jacob, this little bean inside me and for my fabulous sisters (all three of them) and brothers (all four of them), we are blessed beyond measure and I could just cry it's so overwhelming (fyi: that's probably the hormones talking!). I hope that everyone took the time this weekend to reflect on what they are thankful for ::

:: My cup runneth over ::

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Those are great pictures of the family! Glad everyone could be there with you guys to celebrate!

Christy said...

What great shots! I am assuming those are the ones from Jordan's camera? We had such a great time on Monday, and thanks for letting hug your belly :)
Loves!

Shawna said...

Heya Christy --

These are the ones from M&D's camera -- I have yet to see Jord's...maybe he'll get them downloaded today :)

It was a really great day and so nice that you guys were here with us. Thanks so much for staying for pictionary - I had a blast!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin