3.09.2011

:: Shower for Sierra ::



:: I had the pleasure of attending a shower that my girlfriend T hosted for our friend Kristy. Kristy has an almost 3 year old, Caleb and when they found out they were having a girl, to say the least Kristy was elated! And we were all so excited for her too, she is a girly girl and has always been one to love the beauty of all things embedded with rhinestones - God knew that Kristy's heart really wanted a girl and He blessed her with her hearts desire ::
:: It was a nice intimate affair and I was surrounded by pregnant girls...all together there were 3 girls that we know are pregnant, I say "know" because we are a fairly fertile group of women and so who knows if there was another preggo there that we just didn't know about ;) ::

:: I offered to do a cake up for Sierra -- this is what I came up with {it's not an original idea of mine but I had wanted to do up one for a long time, so this was the perfect time!}. That day happened to be filled with showings so it was a bit of a gong show getting the cake done but I made it and so did the cake, right on time. I found the "S" in the Michaels dollar bins, it's a wall hook, I just stuck the hook portion in the top of the cake and the small hooks I turned upside down so they would be hidden ::

:: Here is the beautiful Mama about to cut the cake ::

:: So glad I could be part of celebrating Sierra's life with all of you & thanks Trisha for hosting such a great event! ::

{ XoXo }

Align Center


*Here is a link to a the tutorial I found for the ruffle cake - try it, you'll love it! *

7 comments:

Melissa said...

So fun to celebrate a new baby and her momma! The cake is amazing - classy and sweet!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love baby showers!!

I love the cake you made! Beautiful! xo

Christy said...

Okay, I've been trying to figure out how to put a Signature below my posts forever! HOW Sister, HOW??

Canadian Kristin said...

Love the way you did the icing as vertical ribbons! Fab! Aren't baby showers so fun and full of life and hope and excitement!!!

susan said...

LOVELY cake - it's really beautiful!!

Lisa B. said...

Beautiful cake for a lovely mama and her wee girl! Great job girl....I love how you use your talents to love on those around you!

Shawna said...

Thanks for all the comment love girls! The cake was super fun and easy to do...I'll post a link to the tutorial I found at the bottom of my post.

@Christy: I'll call you later with that info ;)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin