1.01.2008

:: HAPPY NEW YEAR ::


:: As I pack up all of the Christmas decorations and think back to the last year, we have really had quite a year...

* Found out we were pregnant early in February
* Bought a house
* Sold a house
* Went on vacation to Palm Springs
* Renovated a house
* Celebrated Jacob's 1st Birthday
* Celebrated 5 Years of Wedded Bliss
* Welcomed Cole Robert to the family

It was truly a very eventful year, however this year I want to dedicate more of my time being in relationship with my Lord & Savior...I find that as I reflect that I haven't grown leaps and bounds in my relationship with the Lord - of course I have learned things and been taught things but I want more and 2008 is time to press in ::


:: I received this from a friend this morning, I think it best sums up what I am feeling and what I want to be more like in 2008 ::

1 Cor 13 (paraphrased)

If I keep my house immaculately clean,
And am envied by all for my interior decorating,
But do not show love in my family –
I’m just another housewife.

If I’m always producing lovely things – sewing, art, scrapbooks;
If I always look attractive, and speak intelligently,
But am not loving to my family –
I am nothing.

If I’m busy in community affairs, teach Sunday school,
And drive in the carpool,
but fail to give adequate
Love to my family –
I gain nothing.

Love changes diapers, cleans up messes, and ties shoes –
Over and over again.
Love is kind, though tired and frazzled.
Love doesn’t envy another wife –
One whose children are “spaced” better,
Or in school so she has time to pursue her own interests.

Love doesn’t try to impress others with my
Abilities or knowledge as a mother.
Love doesn’t scream at the kids.
Love doesn’t feel cheated because I didn’t get to do
What I wanted to do today –
Sew, read, soak in a hot tub.

Love doesn’t lose my temper easily.
Love doesn’t assume that my children are being
Naughty just because their noise level is irritating.
Love doesn’t rejoice when other people’s children
Misbehave and make mine look good.
Love is genuinely happy when others are
Honored by their children.
:: So Happy New Year to you - I pray that 2008 is filled with the things that actually matter most! ::

4 comments:

Canadian Kristin said...

A good refresher for a fresh new year! HAPPY NEW YEAR,Shawna and family!

jamiedelaine said...

It's so cool to reflect on the year and see everything that went on!

Lisa B. said...

I love that paraphrase....I may steel it and post it in my bathroom so I can see it every morning when getting ready for the day.

Thanks for the reminder of the really important things

Nickie said...

Love the paraphrase - it's beautiful.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin