1.17.2013

: Word of the Year | 2013 :

 The past 24 hours has been quite aggravating, I attended a women's event at church and walked away not feeling welcomed and loved instead just criticized & belittled and left feeling like less of who I know myself to be.

At any rate, I was planning on writing about my "word of the year" here today but last night with the way I was feeling deflated & disheartened I had thought I wouldn't blog at all today. 

But as I was scanning through Facebook this morning I came across this verse that my friend had posted 
{this is directly from her post}
Romans 12:17-21 (NLT)
Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.
Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,
“I will take revenge;
I will pay them back,”[a]
says the Lord.
Instead,
“If your enemies are hungry, feed them.
If they are thirsty, give them something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap
burning coals of shame on their heads.”
Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

Now, I know with the above situation I have chosen to do good, to not harbor anger and animosity but to be level about it ~ I know God will make good on the situation and I'm trusting Him for it.  This verse was just God using a friend to remind me of HIS plan, not mine.  And friends, I want to be in the backseat as Jesus drives...He really is the best chauffeur! 

Anyway, back to my word of the year...it's actually two words..
 Glory&Honor
from the passage in Psalms 8 :: Over the holidays I was reading my devotional and this Psalm was in it. It speaks of all the works that God did, all that He created and all the care that He took in his creation.  We are to crown him with Glory&Honor.   

That particular part stood out to me and as I searched my heart and talked to God about my word of the year, this kept on resounding to me that I am to give in all that I do/say/accomplish Him the Glory&Honor

    Do I know what this means or looks like; not nessisarily.  But I will trust in Him, in His timing and in His plan, for His plan is better & bigger than I can even imagine! 
 Last years word was "FLOURISH" :: I don't know if I flourished per say, I know I grew in great ways and learned more of what God wants me to be.  I know that you can't flourish without planting seeds and I KNOW that God planted seeds so I just need to carry on and keep watering those seeds to see them come to full fruition and flourish! 

Here's to another year! 

Love & blessings on this beautiful {at least in Vancouver} 
sunshiny day! 
{ XoXo }

2 comments:

Carmelle said...

As I read your post I immediately thought of the "Revelation Song" -- the lyrics just so fit.

susan said...

Shawna, friend you know I love you - and I love your honesty and that you are authentic. God honours those things & they give him glory - so you are already living out your 2013 words! See how awesome you are??!!!

Thank you for blogging even when you didn't necessarily feel like it - it encourages others, it encouraged me.

Keeping Christ in the driver's seat is hard & something I struggle with daily - thank you for the reminder that HE knows best.

xo
susan

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin