1.22.2012

: Talk :: Sunday ::

{via}

Okay Okay, I know there is A LOT of "talk" going on on this blog the last few days...but I have t write this down cause if I don't, it will be lost in the deep black vault.

So this morning I woke up and one of the first thoughts from my mind was this song that Jacob learned from school you've probably heard it before. Goes like this "There are seven days in a week; Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday" -- have you ever noticed that Sunday is the first day of the week?

I have never learned or known Sunday to be the first day of the week. It's always Monday. Which means that Sunday is the last.

I woke up this morning thinking; today is a new day, a new week even. I know some of you already consider Sunday as the first day of the week because you do your "weekend round-up" on Sunday.

I pondered this thought that Sunday could actually be the first day of the week instead of the last.
  • We start off our day on Sunday's by going to church and being in His presence with other believers & our family
  • We enjoy family time
  • We take time to rest
  • We organize our garbage {Monday is garbage day & for some reason it feels good to start with no garbage (physically&spiritually)}
  • We visit with friends
  • We cook together and take time to actually enjoy it
  • We prepare emotionally/physically/spiritually for the 5 {or 6} work days ahead
What a great way to START the week, instead of END it!

So, I may be the only one on this great green earth who has thought that Sunday was the last day of the week and not the first, but oh I love the thought of it being the first day...makes my week feel all that more
manageable!
{XoXo}

1 comment:

Christy said...

One more convert to my mission of convincing the world that the week starts on SUNDAY :) Love you girl!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin